Tuesday, June 3, 2008

A Dream Come True!

When I was in high school, I was (and still am) a big fan of college football.  In particular, I enjoy watching the Big 10 conference games.  Since I went to the University of Michigan for graduate school, I almost always root for them.  But I'm originally from Pennsylvania, and when I was younger (and as my brother-in-law Jeff would say, didn't know any better) I was a huge Penn State fan.  That is, until I developed quite a thing for a certain red headed quarterback from Ohio State named Joe Germaine.  My grandma got me his jersey for Christmas one year and when I went to college, I made sure to take a few photos of him with me.

After Joe graduated from Ohio State, I think he went to the NFL for a year or two as a third string back-up quarterback and then I completely lost track of him.  But, this past weekend my friends Sarah and Andy invited me to an arena football game (Grand Rapids is the proud home of the Rampage).  Imagine my surprise when they called the name of the opposing team's quarterback.  Yep, it was none other than Joe!  So naturally I decided to see if I could catch his eye after the game and what do you know, good old Joe was nice enough to pose for a picture with me.  I'm guessing he doesn't get a whole lot of attention from fans these days, so I would think he could have looked a bit more excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment