Friday, June 6, 2008

Balancing Act

I didn't know how I'd feel about work after I had Emily. Before becoming pregnant, I had a job that I loved and had just accepted a promotion. Each time someone asked me if I was planning to return to work, I said yes, at least for awhile I would go back. I wanted to give myself time to see how I would feel as a mom before making any major life changes.

Those first eight weeks at home with Emily were HARD - some of the hardest times I've experienced. Turns out, being a first time mom is scary business and in some ways, returning to work was a relief because I knew how to do my job. I was pretty good at my job and it gave me confidence instead of causing me to question my sanity at least a dozen times a day. But, I slowly realized that by being gone 40+ hours a week I was missing too much. I made the difficult decision to resign from my full-time job, but I must admit that I still want to work. I'd like to find something that fits within my career path, is somewhere between 15 and 30 hours a week, and offers some flexibility. Is that too much to ask? Stay tuned! But seriously, how could I stay away from this face for too long?

No comments:

Post a Comment