Monday, February 25, 2013


Do you see the patches of light hitting Emily?!  I think they call that the sun and we made sure to make the most of it today.


Today both kiddos were a little under the weather, so they got some extra time with the iPad.


This girl sure loves her crafts.  Several new projects are created each day!

Friday, February 22, 2013


Tonight we headed out to escape the confines of our house.  Lately, winter seems like it will never end!  Our super exciting outings included dinner at Chipotle, and running around Ikea.


Bathtime is often quite rowdy, with lots of giggling and splashing.  Fortunately, they both end up clean and safe at the end.  Usually.


The girls love to tackle Eric when he gets home or after a long stretch of studying.  It's often one of my favorite moments of the day.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013


They grow up so fast!  I know it's the glasses, but seriously, she looks so BIG in this picture.

Monday, February 18, 2013


Emily spent the day with grandma, so Sophie and I got to explore on our own a bit.  With only one kid, I decided to brave the mall.  Sophie especially enjoyed this talking dog at Old Navy.

Sunday, February 17, 2013


Today was an awesome day: we got to worship this morning, and spend the rest of the day with my sister and brother-in-law at my mom's house catching up on life.


Today I ran a local 5k race, and finished with a PR of 21:08.  I was also the second fastest female finisher, earning my first ever prizes for a race!  I really love the ladies in this picture, and sure am going to miss them when we move.


Today I made homemade Larabars and they were delicious, healthy, and so easy to make!  In the bars: dates, craisons, almonds, flax, and coconut.

Thursday, February 14, 2013


I'm loving the irony in this picture.  Happy Valentine's Day!


This is the third year we've made this kind of card for Emily to share with her friends.  I think it's safe to say a tradition has been born!

Tuesday, February 12, 2013


Emily really enjoyed making snowflakes with grandpa this morning!


Today was a lot of house and school touring, but I'm going to cheat and post a picture from a couple of days ago (aka, I don't think I took any pictures today).


We also enjoyed catching up with our good friends, the Foxes. Oh, and trying Spoonlickers for the first time!


We had so much fun meeting baby Julia this weekend.  The girls may not yet understand how fun and special a cousin is, but they sure enjoyed taking turns holding and kissing her all the same.


Stopped in Dexter (on our way to Grand Rapids) to spend time with grandma and grandpa Plantinga.  They were kind enough to watch our girls for part of the weekend while we explored housing and school options for when we return.


While gearing up for a road trip to Michigan, we conned our daughters into a car wash for our dirty CR-V.  They thought it was awesome!


For a LONG time the only exercise I wanted to do was run, but now I am finding out how fun cross training and new classes can be.  Here I am after attempting a kettle ball class with friends from work.

Tuesday, February 5, 2013


This is where he sleeps about 90% of the time (the other 10% is spent in Emily's bed from when she gets into bed at night until she falls asleep).


This was supposed to be a picture of Emily looking at her new hair cut, but everyone decided to jump into the picture instead.  My instructions for the haircut, by the way, were "short, but not too short".  Ha!  Luckily she liked it.

Monday, February 4, 2013


I have this combination often for lunch, and I swear to you it tastes like a milkshake.  So very, very good.


Emily has been taking swimming lessons at the YMCA this month.  While she's taken them before, and done a fair amount of "swimming" in other pools during the summer months, something clicked with her this time around.  Her fear of the water is gone, she can swim all on her own, and she LOVES it.

Friday, February 1, 2013


This day has been marked on our calendar for a long time.  Eric had his comprehensive exam today, a grueling six hour long test.  If he passes, he's good to go for graduating in April.  If not, well, he gets to study his butt off for another month and take it again.  We're hoping for the former!