Wednesday, June 23, 2010

It Brings Joy to a Father's Heart

Tonight I arrived home late after a long day at work.  After saying hi to Sarah (and talking about the USA world cup soccer match, the earthquake, and the epic Wimbledon tennis match), I went upstairs to change clothes.  As I tiptoed towards the bedroom, trying not to wake our hopefully-sleeping toddler, I heard a loud "DADDY!".  Emily was definitely not asleep.  As I changed clothes, I heard another "Daddy!", followed by a pause and: "Oh no, Daddy?  Come on, you give big hug? Daddy, you give big hug me?"  Naturally, I obliged immediately, and was met with a huge Emily-hug. Children truly are a gift from God.  I am also blessed with a wife of noble character and a job that allows me to make a difference in people's lives on a daily basis, but my favorite part of any day is getting one of those hugs, or arriving home from work to find toddler Emily careen full speed through the kitchen yelling "Daddy Daddy Daddy!" and throw herself into my arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment