Friday, April 30, 2010

The Friday Five

I think most people, even if they don't formally write it down, have at least a mental list of things they want to do and/or see before they die.  Some of these things are big and grandiose, and others smaller, but it's fun to have some of each.  And even more fun to cross them off as you do them.  Here are five things on my list:

1.  Start a vegetable garden.  I'm irrationally terrified of gardening.  But at the same time, I love the idea of growing my own food, and how it would reduce our carbon foot print and force us to eat healthier.  I don't know if this summer will be the summer that I take the plunge and just do it, but I have these books on hold at the library, so we'll see: Grow Great Grub and Small Plot, High Yield Gardening: How to Grow like a Pro, Save Money, and Eat Well by Turning your Yard Into an Organic Produce Garden.

2.  Run a sub four hour marathon.  Okay, so this is a bigger goal, but I really think I can do it.  I just better set my sights on a marathon sooner rather than later.  Maybe I'll research which ones have the fastest, flattest courses...

3.  Attend a major sporting event: the superbowl, the olympics, or the U.S. Tennis Open are my top choices.

4.  Go to a wine tasting event.  They always sound so fun, and I really love to sample new wines!  My friend's mom, who is a buyer for a local grocery chain, hosted an informal night of wine tasting last year, and it was amazing!  I need to visit some vineyards and have at it sometime!

5.  Make the perfect granola.  I love to eat it with yogurt and fruit for breakfast in the mornings, but it's so expensive at the grocery store, so I've tried a couple different homemade recipes.  I'm getting better, but I'm not there yet.  Any tips?

No comments:

Post a Comment