For lent this year, I gave up chocolate. To many, this is not such a difficult feat, but to me, it was quite a challenge. I'd actually done it once before, when I was in high school, but clearly time had made the challenge seem like a less daunting feat than it actually is. I kind of imagine that labor is the same way, and that is what allows women to decide to have more babies, but I digress. This week has been full of chocolate goodness, probably too much so. I KNOW I ate way too much of a butterfinger milkshake last night! Still, here are my top 5 chocolate treats:
1) Trader Joe's Peppermint Chocolate Covered Joe-Joe's. These are the best thing ever invented. Period. The ones in the picture don't all have the chocolate covering, but the boxes I buy do. They only come out around the holidays, so I stock up. I literally bought every box on the shelf when I visited a Trader Joe's location after Thanksgiving. For those curious, it was 12 boxes. I try to space them out over the course of the year, but I'm already halfway through them.
2) Chocolate covered strawberries. I don't get to eat them that all that often, but something about the combination of the flavors has me drooling every time! There are a lot of things that taste better when covered in chocolate, but strawberries have to be one of the best!
3) Bruster's Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Ice Cream. I worked at an ice cream store called Bruster's when I was in high school, and Eric likes to brag about how often I was named "Scooper of the Month". One of my crowning professional achievements for sure. But they have the best ice cream, and the flavor mentioned above is just unbelievable. I've tried everything to transport it back to Michigan, but I have to suffice for over-indulging when I'm home.
4) Warm Chocolate Chip Cookies. When they are right out of the oven, and you down them with a cold glass of milk, that's hard to beat.
5) Tira Misu Cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory. So stinking good! It feels light (well, relatively light, compared to other cheesecakes) and just melts in your mouth. I'm salivating just thinking about it right now, and I always have to treat myself when I visit this restaurant!
So, that's my list. Am I missing any chocolate goodies that you can't live without?