Wednesday, November 4, 2009

22 Months Old!

Emily,

You are 22 months old now, inching your way towards the big 2nd birthday.  Reading through these posts, you're going to think I forgot to write a 21 month post, but the truth is, I did write it.  And, it was going to be great, with videos and everything.  But then your dad and I got busy.  Really busy.  We still have not edited those videos.  Argh!

I'm going to keep this post short and sweet as well.  Here are some of the cute things you do these days:

  • You pat the space next to you if you want someone to sit there.

  • You laugh out loud for no reason, and then call yourself silly over and over again.

  • You ask me if I'm ready to go as soon as it becomes evident we're leaving the house.

  • You correctly identify two Sesame Street characters: Abby and Elmo.  And, your face positively lights up when you see them.

  • You give real, honest to goodness hugs now, locking your arms tightly around my neck.  Sometimes, you even ask for them!

  • You sing "round and round" after I sing "the wheels on the bus go..."

  • You do the motions to the Itsy Bitsy Spider song (that was one of the videos too)!

  • You say "please" when I ask you "how do you ask nicely?"


Here are some of the not-so-cute things you do:

  • Whine.  A lot.  And then some more.

  • Stick your hands down your diaper once you realize it needs to be changed.

  • Want what you want when you want it, thank you very much.

  • Whine.  A lot.  And then some more.


I guess the cute outweigh the not-so-cute, so that's good.  And speaking of cute, here are some pictures!



No comments:

Post a Comment