Friday, May 30, 2008

Our Little Trooper

Emily's been a bit under the weather lately, and we're not quite sure what it's from.  But, when she came down with a rash and had some vomiting and a fever on Wednesday night, I immediately thought it was an allergic reaction and started kicking myself for not waiting the recommended 5-7 days after introducing a new food (she had carrots and applesauce after lunch on Wednesday)!  But, after a somewhat frantic call to our pediatrician's office, I'm now thinking she just has some kind of stomach bug that may not be related to the foods at all.  The office assured me that what we've introduced so far are fairly safe foods and I should try them again in a few weeks before giving up entirely on those yummy treats (their words, not mine -- I reserve the word yummy for things containing chocolate or similarly large amounts of sugar).  At any rate, Emily has been handling her illness with as much poise as she can muster, and though she is a little more sleepy than usual and wants to be held a lot more than usual, she seems to be well on her way to making a full recovery.  Here is a picture I took just today to prove (especially to the grandmas) that she is getting better!

3 comments:

  1. Poor Emily :( Sorry she's feeling under the weather! I hope she gets better very soon. FYI--Hannah was wearing that exact same onesie today and sporting a very similar pony tail :) We'll be praying for a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor little pet, it is horrible when they are sick or miserable. I have been swearing black and blue that my toddler has been having nightmares, only to discover a new tooth this morning. Cue bad mum moment.

    I hope she gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grandmother EvonneJune 3, 2008 at 4:55 PM

    Glad to hear Emily is on the mend. She's too precious and cute! I'll be eager to see her again.

    ReplyDelete