Saturday, May 24, 2008

Solid Foods!

Last weekend Eric, Emily, and I were in Beaver, PA to visit my family (and nurse them back to health).  Before we arrived, my mom underwent two eye surgeries to fix a detached retina, and my sister was recovering from jaw surgery.  So, in order to entertain our "patients" I thought it would be a good time to give Emily her first taste of rice cereal.  I wasn't expecting too much, since she hasn't shown a whole lot of interest in eating anything that doesn't come from a bottle yet.  I tried a few spoonfuls, but she was rather dubious of the whole project and even though I've tried a few more times since this first attempt, I think it will still be a little while before she's getting much nutrition from these experiences.



5 comments:

  1. I think she looks like eric in the second picture; and not just because of the spit-up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie!! Yep, solids take some getting used to, that's for sure. It's really more about texture than taste in the beginning, anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeff, I agree that she is looking more and more like her dad!

    Mom2Miles, thanks for the encouragement! I think it will be so interesting to see what her food likes and dislikes are, and if those change over time. I hope she likes veggies more than her parents do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Somehow i missed the point. Probably lost in translation :) Anyway ... nice blog to visit.

    cheers, Offertory.

    ReplyDelete
  5. nicer if it was mycum dripping from her mouth baby sucks acock best

    ReplyDelete