Monday, September 28, 2009

Not me Monday

One of the blogs that I typically read has a weekly column tradition entitled "Not me Mondays".  This is where you can write a post about all of the things that you most certainly did not do (except of course, that you actually did do them and now can get all the guilt out of your system while having a laugh at yourself in the process).

Here are my not me moments for the past week:

I did not decide to take Emily for a walk but forget to pack some kleenex in case of a runny nose.  When her nose started to run, I definitely didn't search for something to use and end up wiping away her snot with a leaf.

When we returned from a weekend in Ann Arbor last Sunday, and Emily was dog tired, having had a fun filled weekend with less sleep than usual, I definitely did not use an Elmo video to get her to stay happy until bedtime.  I would never use videos as a babysitter for my child.

When I couldn't find my deoderant one day this week, I didn't decide to use Eric's instead and then spray some feminime body splash under my armpits as well to make me smell girly.

And finally (I think this was actually last week), I did not decide that I needed chocolate so badly one night that I delayed Emily's bedtime, and took her (in her pajamas) to the grocery store so that I could find some.

Care to join in the fun with me?  Leave a comment about what you definitely did not do in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I think we can all relate to these 'desperation' moments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I may have done the same to you with a leaf at one time! I can't think of anything desperate this last week....but when I do, I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete