Monday, March 2, 2009

Fourteen Months Old!

Dear Emily,



This has been another huge month of learning for you!  If only I could gain knowledge at the rate that you do, I'd surely be on my third Ph.D. by now.  You are understanding so much more of what we say to you.  You know to run to your high chair when I say it's time to eat, to toddle to the closet for your shoes and coat when I say it's time to go bye-bye, and if we so much as utter the word "bath" you are off and crawling up the stairs, tugging at your socks and shirt as you go.  You are also saying a few more things with consistency: "uh-oh" when something is dropped, "baby" for your doll (this one is more sporadic), and "ju" when you want milk or juice in your sippy cup.  I'm sure your vocabulary will expand like crazy in the coming months, which we will both like, because you are getting pretty frustrated when I can't understand what you want these days.



You're getting into EVERYTHING.  You will pick up a toy from your play area, run into the dining room and find a sock in daddy's gym bag, drop your toy in the bag and take the sock into the kitchen, find the magnets on the fridge, drop the sock on the kitchen floor, and take the magnet to the shoe closet, and on it goes.  This is how you fill much of your day, be re-arranging the clutter in our house.  And I wonder why I can't find things sometimes...



You're also a one nap girl now.  There's no denying it, and I have totally given up the fight.  But you're doing great with it, and though I often plan outings in the morning to keep you occupied until lunchtime, you go down pretty easily and sleep for two to two and a half hours.  Also, you tend to sleep later in the mornings, and we're not going to argue with that!



You have always been such a busy, busy baby and you are growing into an even busier little girl.  It's fun for your dad and I to imagine what you'll be like as a kindergartener, a third grader, or (gasp) a teenager.  I think you're going to be outgoing, funloving, athletic, and smart.  Those expectations aren't too high, are they?! But Emily, no matter what you do I will always, always love you like crazy.



Love,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment