Friday, September 19, 2008

Anyone need a size large t-shirt?

In our house, Eric and I share most of the chores.  As most of our family and friends can testify, we don't often follow the proscribed gender roles when it comes to household duties.  You're just as likely to find Eric cooking dinner (on the days he doesn't work) as you are to find me mowing the lawn.  You're just as likely to find Eric cleaning the bathroom as you are to find me taking out the trash and recycles.  But, when it comes to laundry, that has always been my domain.  There are a few reasons for this.  First and foremost this is because I actually enjoy it.  I get a good deal of satisfaction from freshly folded and laundered clothes.  The other reason though, is because Eric doesn't see the merit in folding.  In college, he would often live out of a laundry basket, pulling clean clothes out of one every day and putting ditry clothes into another.  Neither one of us are super concerned with the appearance of our clothing, but I do prefer to wear mine without wrinkles, and since I detest ironing, it makes sense to spend a few minutes to fold them.

At any rate, I digress.  My husband keeps his t-shirts on the top shelves of his closet and as he's gathered more and more from races and other events, they have simply stopped fitting no matter how I push and shove.  So I told him he must sort through them and get rid of the ones he hasn't worn in the last two years.  This, friends, is what I found.  Just let me know if you need a t-shirt!






No comments:

Post a Comment