Tuesday, January 1, 2008

A 2008 Baby

2007 has officially ended, and our little one is still gestating happily.  However, I now know the end is near - very near.  Eric and I are going to check in to the hospital tonight, and I will be induced early tomorrow morning (unless she decides to come between now and then).  At my last doctor's appointment on Friday, my doctor told us that I am now a very good candidate for an induction because I was dilated some more (2 cm) and 80% effaced.  She thought that our baby would come over the weekend on her own, but alas, she appears to be rather contented where she is!  I have a feeling that this is going to be a long day, and I am overwhelmed with a mix of feelings: eagerness to meet our daughter, nervousness about how the birthing process will go, and joyfulness to have so many friends and family around us at this special time.  I can't wait to introduce the whole world to our little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment